18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Quick Update 12/3/11

Just a quick update.
      I only managed to clear my opening height in Boise of 5.15m (16'10.5") then made one classic error at the following bar that cost me all three attempts. I had a hell of a time in warm ups, so I was actually happy to be able to clear a bar, along with the jump looking halfway decent I'll count it as a successful day. The competition itself did teach me a sufficient amount about what I have been doing right, what needs improvement, and what's missing. I was pleased as I looked through the video and analyzed the situation, to see that these necessary adjustments in my training are fairly minor. Now with a one week lapse in my training schedule, due to a massive dental overhaul, it will give me plenty of time to put together a more structured plan to better prepare me for my next competition in January.  This weekend had a uneasy feel to it, like being blindfolded and hoping for the best. A gamble of sorts, but a gamble that has already paid out a valuable chunk of knowledge. When I set foot on the runway again it will be with renewed confidence and ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment