18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Monday, June 13, 2011

Video 18'1" 5.51m

Here is the video. Thanks to Jim and Brit for the footage.
You can pick apart this jump all day. I am far from the standard model of proper pole vault technique. I spent years trying to change my vault to look the way the vault community claims is the best and most efficient way, and nothing good ever came of it. Now I am just going to jump the way I know how, the way that has always put me the highest in the air. It may look funny to you, but it works best for me. I only have so many vaults left, and I'm going to use them to go as high as possible, not look pretty doing it.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Paul! I'm sure I'm not as proud as you are of this jump, but this is a really impressive achievement and I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul congrats this is awesome...I am really happy for you. Keep up the good work and the good spirit! Lau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job man, see you in about a week and a half.

    ReplyDelete