18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Emotional Day 5.51m 18'1"

I've been trying to post the video over and over, but I have failed. All this technology is not so impressive at times. I will continue to try and get it posted.

Fuzion Spring Series Meet #9
5.51m 18'1"

What a crazy week. My body is telling me that it needs a vacation, but that rest period was unavailable. Skipping over the why, I must say that Wednesdays competition was more than satisfying. After making 5.51 I spent the next 24 hours fighting back tears. It is still an overwhelming feeling of joy knowing that I have been able to scrape my way back to a height that is admirable, after I was told to give up on the idea of vaulting ever again.
Growing up I was never very good at doing what I was told, and usually if I was told not do something, I wanted to do it even more. I'm glad a part of that personality characteristic has stood fast this far into my journey. Without it, none of this would have been possible.
Also something that you should probably know is that I haven't jumped a bar over 18' in competition since the  2008 Olympic Trials Prelim. So I was just shy of a full 3 years with no 18' jumps that counted.  Knowing that,  I still managed to press on, and I intend to jump much higher in the near future, all things considered.
Never give up on your dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Hardcore example of perseverance...2012 Oly-Trials are as good a place to show America that Litchfield is no fluke.

    ReplyDelete