18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Unwanted Update

I've always been of the opinion that you should do your best to keep bad news to yourself, especially if it may have a negative effect on others. This is the same reason the blog has been quiet for more than a week now. However negative it may be, I feel like those of you who do care about my well being deserve an update. Please don't get down because of me. My goal with these ramblings is only to boost others spirits, not bring them down. Those of you who know me can be at ease, because you must realize that I always land on my feet, and it takes something like a metaphoric nuclear blast to stop me once I've started a journey.
Last week I hurt myself moving a mat as you may know. Each day since, my back pain has amplified without any reason or aggravation. I can no longer bend down or sideways. Without too much detail, I'm in pain all day and night. If you know nerve pain, you know what I'm going through. This is why I have not been writing lately. If the pain persists for another week, I will be consulting a doctor about another injection, and other options. 
Its hard for me to accept the fact that I was vaulting from a competition run just 9 days ago. I can still embrace that amazing feeling I had while in the air, it was ecstasy, and now i fear that the chances of that happening again are weeks and possibly months away.
 I will hold onto that success everyday when i don't want to roll out of bed in pain, when i think this is the end, or when I fight off the urge to give up. That day from a full run was magic, and it will keep me going until I reach the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment