18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Session with a Legend

I'm down at Oral Roberts, and I had a unique opportunity to work with legend Joe Dial. The trip has been great. Its always nice to get some new feedback from some one you respect. Joe gave me some awesome input and fresh ideas. They are things that i have worked on in the past, but as vaulting goes, one thing leads to another and you lose focus on a technical issue that you know at one point was very important. Luckily Joe gave me a pleasant reminder. This time around I'm keeping much closer tabs on my journal and documentation of important days, such as these, will be re-reviewed regularly rather than forgotten.
I have also been extremely focused on a few things that i I think can gain me a few inches in upcoming months without dramatic changes to my technique or state of mind. They are regarding what length pole I will be sticking with during the 2012 season, what length approach, and what is optimal for me, not everyone else. Every vaulter is unique and finding your own formula for success is important. It was great to hear input about these ideas i have been leaning towards from such a renowned vaulter and coach. It will only build more confidence in which path I choose to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment