18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Play Days

Sorry, but I don’t really have anything new and awesome to report. Since my last competition I spent the week trying to find another one that would not cost me twice as much money to travel too, than I could earn. There don’t appear to be any. So instead of training like normal I’m doing alternate strenuous physical work like biking, hiking climbing, and whitewater rafting, all of which are very close by, and only cost me the little amount that I spend in gas and food. However, I still do my ring workouts because I enjoy them so much. I guess the job search must begin since even a small career in the vault is not possible at the moment and I’ve done a great job of letting the bills pile up while I spent the year focused on training and competing only. I have also started the process of trying to find real help with my back problem. Only a few weeks of normal life and already my left leg is getting very numb. I trip on stair steps and uneven ground, and because of the funny way I am walking to compensate, my left knee has begun to hurt in a way that it never has in the past. If you’re reading this and you know any kick ass back surgeons that would consider pro bono work for a broke athlete who is poor of finance, but rich in heart, let me know. Otherwise the days ahead are still very unknown to me. I’ll do my best to keep this updated, but I’m afraid to say that I don’t see much pole vault in my near future. Meanwhile if you look close enough you may spot me high on the side of a cliff, or flying down a Mountain bike trail grinning from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment