18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Friday, February 25, 2011

There will be more

My silence was unavoidable once again. I hope you don't think that it was because I was disappointed in my possible last appearance in Holt Arena. Part of me was a bit. But I gave it all I had that day, and that's all I can ask for. Looking back I can see that by trying harder, I held myself back. But that's just another day of learning my new bodies limitations, strengths and weaknesses. So 3 indoor meets on the season, all resulting in a mark of 5.20m or 17'3/4". Really not bad considering I was never supposed to vault again. So i'll take it. I am going to compete one more time indoors before I approach the next phase of my training. There is a meet in Burnsville, MN that is shaping up to be one of the coolest indoor vault meets around. The more info I get on it, the more excited I get. I'm starting to think that I may only be good for another 17' jump, but I'll take it over a 16'6" day. I had hoped to have the next few weeks to prep in a way I would like, for this last indoor challenge, so I could possible jump a bit higher, but instead I got sick. Monday night after packing and moving boxes all day in preparation for my upcoming move to MN (I'll explain more about that later) I got a fever of just over 101 degrees, which hung around until Thursday. The heavy coughing and running nose has sucked and remained, and now its moved mainly to my lungs which I can only guess could be diagnosed with bronchitis. It could have come at a better time as I have been helping prepare our facility for the Big Sky Conference Championships as well as coaching in the event which started today. I won't lie, I feel god awful, but I've been a lot worse, seen even worse, and I'll take this over other crap out there. At least I'm functional. So, I guess that's my way of seeing the positive side of it. Also, when I drive close to 1,300 miles next week, I'll have a friend in the car with me, bronchitis, awesome.
I feel like I've gone on one of my tangents again. This tends to happen. What i was trying to say is, I don't get to train this week, or next week most likely. So I don't get to work on, what i'd like to work on, going into my next meet, but, I'll be rested????? That's got to count for something. So 2 weeks from now, after I compete, I have a plan of attack for training that I feel very confident about. A program that caters to my new body, and i'm feeling pretty excited about it.
More to come, when there is more to tell. And there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment