18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Monday, March 7, 2011

24 hours in a metal box with my thoughts.

Made it to Minnesota to train and coach at the Fuzion Athletics training facility. I would have wrote sooner but I am still recovering from the massive dehydration caused by all the tears I shed leaving Pocatello. I have been rooted there for more than 11 and half years now, and walking away was harder than i intended. While I was driving into the vast white mountains and plains of Northern most parts of the US, I had an epiphany. Everyone has always asked me why I don't want to have children. I always thought it was for selfish reasons of time and freedom and commitment. But now I realize that it is because I have enough family already. I don't have friends, I have family, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers. And of course, a few distant cousins. I have been so lucky to surround myself with the most amazing people over the years. I would take a bullet for any of them, and love them all dearly. I should have never said goodbye to anyone, because I know I will see you all again. So with that said, I will see you soon. And I will write more about the move, and the new location when I have some more free time. I have been so busy this past week has felt more like a month. But I'm happy to have finally broken the silence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment