18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back to the Bike

Too much too soon. This tends to be a reoccurring theme for me as this injury continues on. After weeks of therapy and light running I was to excited to pursue a regiment of speed training to compliment the strength I have worked so hard to regain. Per usual however, I got eager or maybe even greedy, and pushed a little to hard. Wondering how my leg started going numb again, and the nagging back pain returned, its clear now that it is from the running. Which sucks because, not to tell fishing tales, but I was actually starting to feel pretty damn fast again. So, back to the bike for me. As frustrating as it seemed at first, it isn't necessarily a bad thing either. It's amazing how much speed and strength you can maintain on the stationary bike if you plan, implement, and commit to it properly. It does get boring and a little lonely, but if your truly passionate about recovery, you tend to stay with it, and those that do, reap the benefits. It is no substitute for moving fast though, the air blowing in your ears like wind in a storm. Going fast is just fantastic, I think most would agree. Its not as euphoric as flying or falling though, and this is where some may disagree, but to the rest of us, its bliss. A few more weeks on the bike, and in the pool, and I will get to enjoy that feeling again. Patience for now, Triumph around the bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment