18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Friday, May 20, 2011

Standing Tall

It' not something that I normally complain about, or even address. But sometimes ignoring things only amplifies them. I do have other injuries, some as old and as chronic as the one that was the catalyst for this blog. However none in my mind are near as serious. One of these injuries left to spoil, has become an issue. The great treatment and exercises laid out by my trainer and friend Alex have kept the beast at bay, but my other training keeps lighting it on fire. After a trip to the good Doc Smith on Tuesday of this week he viewed it as far enough gone to require an injection.
So the needle slid under the skin and muscle of my back once again, only this time about 12 inches higher. The instant relief I felt was border line euphoric, but the pain that followed within the short hours of the passing day was not so pleasing. The medicine is doing what it is supposed to do, and in order to allow it room to complete its job, I had to put my excitement aside for the Wednesday Fuzion competition and humbly admire my peers from the sidelines.
Each day that has flown by since the Friday the 13th competition a growing hunger and confidence has been radiating inside of me like a wild animal in a cage. I'm dying to let that monster out. I can't remember the last time I carried this kind of confidence. An indescribable energy that knows no bounds.
Until Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment