18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Thursday, May 12, 2011

An 8 week Silence Creates an Hour of Noise

After 8 weeks off the runway I decided to step back on last night. We set up these spring series meets to help all us post collegiate poor folk out, and they crept up on me quick. I told myself, I may not be ready, but I can always warm up and see. I can't believe the series has started, which means the count down to The USA Championship has already begun. Wouldn't that be something, if I managed to qualify, after all that has gone on. I honestly don't believe its out of my reach to be there, and be a player. I haven't jumped in roughly 2 months and I figured, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. Not knowing what poles, grip, or approach I should go from. It was a fun guessing game, and I error-ed on the side of too soft of poles! This was a fantastic feeling. In warm ups I crushed poles from 12 steps that were too big for me from 14 steps in Reno back in January. and were about right from 18 steps in March! So I have to say HOLY SHIT! I'm excited. I only managed to make a humble opening bar of 16' then struggled from there on. But I learned a great deal about where I am at, and Friday in the Fuzion meet #2 I will have a far better prepared plan of attack that I am guessing will yield much greater results. Either way, I'm just ecstatic to be jumping again. Rock and Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment