18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Monday, August 15, 2011

A Blur of Consciousness


Where do I begin......
I could write 100 pages about the past 11 days. This trip was exactly what I needed. I'm going to have to split this up a bit. To be honest my thoughts are extremely scattered. This is probably because I recently woke up from over 20 hours of slumber.
When I left my home in Minnesota (home? more like, place of residence) on Wednesday Aug 3rd I drove 600 miles to Crystal City, MO for 2 days of camp and one day of competition.
Then on Aug 7th I departed on a 200 mile drive to Jonesboro, AR.
After a day of rest and a day of training, we hopped in the subi and headed 600 miles to Concordia, KS. for 2 days of camp.
From there we headed to Henderson, KY 640 miles away on a friday, competed Saturday, then I left there alone at midnight after the competition to drive 750 miles back to Burnsville, MN where i arrived 13 hours later, unpacked, ate some food, and went into a coma for about 22 hours I think.
I'm awake now, and super motivated. Close to 2790 miles of travel (without counting all the short daily trips in between) upwards of 49 hours in the driver seat of my car gave me all kinds of time to think and reflect on the ongoing journey of my life. Everything that took place, happened exactly the way it should have. I learned and experienced a great deal, and in the midst of it all, I realized that I'm going to jump 19 feet, and that's not even the end of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment