18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Friday, May 25, 2012

Back on the Road

It feels good to be travelling again, it means that opportunities are on the horizon. I've returned to Southern California for the second time this outdoor season, in order to get a few last competitions in to tune up for the Olympic Trials. Luckily with my current training regiment and style I am able to fit everything I need in my car, to continue my program without missing a beat. Its funny, convenient, and awesome.
As the past two weeks have gone by, my plans seem to have changed almost on a daily bases. As of now, I will be competing tomorrow at Mount San Antonio College (Mount SAC) and most likely at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista the following Thursday. After that, I will decide what is next for me. With Mount SAC stepping up and putting on there own meets, there are now more options for us post-collegiate athletes. It's very opportune for me as my schedule still needs to be variable. I will continue to train this month and slowly taper off my conditioning to peak on June 28th, so with more competitions to choose from I can be picky about what the weather has to offer, and what my body has to offer on that particular day. It has become a very optimal situation leading up to the trials. Travel however is always an issue. I can't stay down here too long, otherwise I will find myself making the long trip back up North, only to hang around for a few days, then take an even longer trip up to Eugene from Auburn, which would more than likely leave me with some unneeded physical setbacks.
So like I said, get through these first two competitions, then assess. Keep my options open, focus on the present, and the future will fall right into the perfect place.

No comments:

Post a Comment