18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So Cal Update w/ Video


I’ve been down in sunny Southern California for about a week now and I have competed a few times. The obvious reason why I haven’t been quick to post results or video is because nothing spectacular has taken place. Honestly I’m ok with that. The pressure of obtaining a higher qualification mark is always on my mind, but I continue to try and block it out. The important things for me to remain focused on are health and fitness. If I continue chasing after specific marks I will stray from the proper path to June 28th.
            Results don’t show it but things are actually going in my direction. Outdoors I have been having issues with consistency in my approach on the runway, however yesterday my mid mark and take off point were almost identical to the inch, six jumps in a row, showing great progress. After a few bad practices, and other outside issues, my confidence had been knocked down allowing for some fear and doubt to creep in, but now it has been fully restored. I’ve been training through this week while competing, sore and tired without great rest, I’m still able to jump on big enough poles to perform a lifetime best, and this is a significant positive.
            There are still some things that need to be addressed and will be with time. I keep them in the back of mind for repair, rather than giving them full attention causing psychological detriment. One height at a time, I will remain in the moment and not three moves ahead. Patience must overcome the anxiety associated with the Trials less than a month away. A lot can happen in one month, a lot. 
Here are my jumps from yesterday. Like I said, nothing spectacular, just a visual aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment