18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Narnia

So my girlfriend and I have been catching up on the Narnia films. Point of note, Disney dumped the third film after what I can only assume has to do with box office issues with the second film "Prince Caspian", which if you took the time to watch, was a bit of a let down. So 20th century Fox picked up the rights to "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", and made it better than Disney probably could of anyway. But I'm diverting from the point I'd like to make.
As weird, confusing, and midieval as Narnia is, it has it perks and i find myself envying its inhabitants. Animals talk. Well that's fantastic, when my dog is being a pain in the ass or tries to play dumb, I know he understands me, and we can talk it out. And those dam pigeons that wake me up everyday would know how I really feel about them, and I could explain to them, what a gun is.
Shot by an arrow, or sliced up by a sword? No big deal. There is a little red headed girl running around with a magic potion that can heal all wounds, and she find you, if your her friend. That would be fantastic for an athlete in training. Major injuries and illness tend to spoil training plans again and again.
About to fall out of a castle turret? Do not fear! A Griffin will always be there to gently snatch you out of the air and carry you to safety, maybe even use its massive eagle talons to slam some unlucky fellow in the head who is currently attempting to penetrate your flesh with some barbaric weapon the likes of a battle ax or broadsword. I don't know much about the rescue from ax man, but I must say I have missed the vaulting pit a few times and wouldn't mind some mystical bird grabbing me out of the air before another pleasant experience of smashing into the ground.
Anyway, just saying. Narnia seems alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment