18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Monday, July 11, 2011

Right-side up

I've been struggling a bit since my return to MN after this recent trip. My back is hurt pretty bad again, and I can't pinpoint a moment where or when it happened. My activity has become very limited and I am bordering content with disability. I'm really working hard on continuous forward thinking, but my mind demands on rebelling at times. I have 2 competitions coming up in 3 weeks, and am extremely thankful for the much needed break presented between. Yesterday I was questioning my physical ability to perform at these competitions, but today is a much better day. Spending this last week on rehab rather than training, which could be argued as a form of training I guess, I finally woke up with less pain and more energy. With light workouts gleaming in my future the smile has returned to face. I don't plan on jumping for 2 weeks, having 1 session, waiting 1 more week, than competing. It seems like a rational plan and I am positive now that it will pan out.
In the meantime I will travel to Idaho for a wedding and well deserved vacation. The bike trails, rock walls, disc golf courses, and friendly reunions will become a necessary therapy regiment for body, mind and soul. I plan on returning here with renewed vigor that will turn my world right-side up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment