18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Mountains Beckon

Day 5 in Idaho and I feel the end of my trip creeping up quickly. I haven't given pole vault a whole lot of thought since my arrival, leaving what little bit of emotional energy I have left to be put towards laughing, disc golfing, biking, hiking, and carrying on with my friends and family. The break could not have come at a better time. Clearing my head was becoming difficult without such a powerful stimulus. The people I left behind in my move to MN are so very special and supportive. It feels like I never left. The positive comments, and conversations have been endless. With each reunion I feel myself being super charged with the energy they all have to share. The confidence in my abilities is returning and my appetite for the vault is growing stronger. With 3 competitions remaining in this 2011 season I look forward to the opportunity to prove myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment