18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mold the Mess

You can’t be the athlete that you were in the past; you have to be the athlete that you are right now.
The same applies to life. You can’t be the person you were in the past; you have to be the person that you are.
Too many variables have taken place that led to alterations in the path you once saw lying in front of you. From then until now it has shaped you and your life into a completely different entity.
The strength that you lost must be held onto in memory with great pride, but ultimately let go of for further use. The flaws that you lost must be a lesson for a future without the same mistakes. Both of which are gifts of knowledge you can choose to share with others helping them mold there own more positive entity. 

I cannot be as physically gifted as I once was. I cherish the ability I had and the memories and stories it gifted me.  With some of it gone, I can leave behind the flaws that abused the gift.  Already I have proven that I can perform at the same level with less physical ability because of a better understanding of who I am now, and who I was then, as an athlete, and a human being. The transformation was unavoidable. I’ve done my best, to mold the mess, as I see fit.
I will prove that I can perform at a higher level than I ever have by accepting the person I have become, not by trying to be the person I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment