18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another 5.41m

Fuzion Spring Series #8
5.41m 17'9"

Its nice to have another meet over 5.41m. I am being more consistent over a bar that seemed out of reach months ago. The down side is, I'm being more consistent at 5.51m, and it is poor consistency. I made the same mistakes in this meet that I made in the last one. This was quite a let down, but I'm hanging onto the positive note that I jumped another 5.41 and 5.51 should be easy as long as I pull my head out of my ..... Which I will. I actually felt something in my vault over 5.41 that I haven't felt in a long time. The strongest technical point in my jump in the past that somehow got lost or faded away as the years have all blended together. It was a great feeling and I intend to hang onto it. With that piece of the puzzle put back in its rightful place, I know I can jump a new lifetime best and perform at the high caliber level i'm working towards.
In the meantime I intend to rest. The last string of meets were in tight intervals, and my body aches. It will be nice to give it some down time for healing, and not just physically. 2 days off and a few in the pool, and I just might be able to give people something to talk about.

2 comments:

  1. What do you need to make to qualify for Outdoor Nationals? Glad to see you are making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing 5.51m, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete