18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

18' 1" Olympic Trials 2008

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Focused on Eugene

Off to the show. My flight leaves in two hours and I'm feeling close to ill. It's been awhile since I have felt nerves this early before a competition. It feels good. In the past I have normally fed off it, and I intent to now. Physically I am having a few small issues, but mentally I feel extremely focused and confident.
My last session was not record breaking, but it told me everything I needed to know for when I set foot on historical Hayward Field. Technically 2 things need to be burned into my brain, as I have been visualizing them all day for the last week. Thinking, seeing, and feeling what I need to do. Eyes shut, eyes open, it's there. Emotionally I need to stay calm on the runway. Each clearance over a bar will bring me overwhelming joy and I need to keep it at bay. If I get too excited I struggle to stay focused. Become a robot, no thought, no feeling, no emotion, just purpose, direction, objective. Each moment that passes, as the meet grows closer, all shreds of doubt and fear are leaving my body with every breath.
I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment